The Hefner's have finally been reunited in Italy. Read all about their crazy adventures, stories, and people they encounter along the way. Ciao!
Thursday, January 13, 2011
Becoming one with the Italians
I will give my husband this. No matter where he goes he makes a friend and makes quite an impression. Background on this: (1) We go to the airport and he asks the person there 20 questions, makes them laugh, and it looks like they have been friends forever. (2) I go back to our old apartment the other day to see if they will unlock our old mailbox so I can make sure we haven't missed any important mail. The lady asks me my old apartment number, I say, "193-B." Her immediate response is, "Ohhh Thomas! He always gave me a hard time" I just shake my head, laugh, and think, "yep, that's my husband." Now back to present time in Italy. Thomas goes into a restaurant he has never been before. Somehow mingles with this old Italian man who owns the place. The man continues to talk and share lots of wine with him and his little girl shows Thomas her magic tricks. Thomas comes in to eat there the next night and the man greets Thomas by opening his arms and yelling.."Tamas!!!!!" (Trying to spell it like the Italian man said it, hahahaha). So, Thomas is adjusting well I think. Of course, I'd like to think that he misses me. ;) Heehee. He has had dinner with people I think will become new/good friends. He has a hotel roommate who is also married and tonight they both spent the evening talking to their wives on the phone. Hahahahaha! OH and we both have global droids and use the skype mobile application to talk on the phone to each other and its FREE because we are basically skyping from phone to phone instead of computer to computer (no video though). So, that is a good thing. Definitely better than Afghanistan. Tomorrow he will tour Vicenza some more and Saturday he is going to Venice. He said I would love downtown Vicenza...lots of little shops and neat architecture. I am really getting excited. :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment