Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Celebrating Your First Anniversary Without Him.

Once people reach their first anniversary, there is all sorts of preparation for big plans and trips. On my first anniversary my husband was away in Germany for training. Being an Army wife you have to learn to do things without your husband. Holidays, birthdays, and momentous occasions must all be celebrated. If I let Thomas being gone stop me from celebrating important days, I don't think I would ever do much celebrating at all. You have to discover your own way to celebrate. It's important to be creative and be with others who can help you celebrate without bringing you into the depressing state of no husband blues. When I was given an invitation to join a group of girls for a costume dinner cruise around Venice I was interested, but I became even more interested when I discovered that the cruise would be the night before our anniversary. I thought that was a sign that this was the way I should go out and celebrate our first year of marriage. It would require enough preparation and fun to get my mind off the fact that Thomas wasn't here. Preparing my costume kept me occupied the days prior to our anniversary and the cruise helped me to have a good time on my anniversary. I have to take these opportunities when they come along. I think it's important for my sanity and well-being to make plans and be with others when Thomas isn't around. Most especially on the "special days." 


Pictures from Dinner Cruise....



 Ciao from Italia. xoxo.

No comments:

Post a Comment