Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Go Figure Moment

So, I have a "go figure" moment to share. Thomas and I had signed up to go on a marriage retreat in Germany for a weekend. I've really been wanting to go on one of these. So, last week he informs me that he may have to pull jump master duties for an airshow jump occurring the same weekend. He wasn't sure if they would interfere or not...it was sort of depending on when the marriage retreat bus was leaving and when he'd be getting back from the airshow. And of course, he couldn't find out when exactly the bus was leaving. Now, yesterday he was told that he would have to choose...go to the airshow or go on the marriage retreat. He could not do both. So, without my knowing it, he made the decision to go to the marriage retreat for me. I thought it was so sweet of him because he needs one more jump duty to be a full blown jump master (side note: I forget what the actual term is, but once you have passed the jump master course I believe you are considered a qualified jump master, but it's not until you have performed two actual duties that you became what I am calling a "full blown" jump master...okay end side note). Thomas is such a career oriented soldier that this really meant a lot to me, because I knew how important these jump master duties were to him. Well, now we enter my "go figure" moment that I mentioned to you earlier. Turns out the bus for the marriage retreat is leaving on a Friday...in the morning. Oops. Guess who already obligated them self to work that particular Friday. Mhmm..you probably guessed right...Me. Now, how's that for irony? My career is the one getting in the way of us doing something, not his. Ha! So, good news for Thomas...he gets to perform his jump master duties...bad news for Rachel...I don't get a trip to Germany and get abandoned for a night or two (okay, abandoned was a bit dramatic). To my family: I'm pretty sure this deserves a "that just figures" statement, right? Hahahaha...all you can do in moments like this is laugh and say go figure.  Lesson learned. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment