Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Cheerio From Merry Ole England

Yes, this post is entirely waaay long overdue. After our visit to Ireland, we hopped a plane to London, England. Our flight was supposed to fly into London Gatwick Airport, but due to fog we had to land in London Stansted for a delay. During the delay, we discovered that our hotel was actually closer to the Stansted airport. Too bad we couldn't just get out of the plane right then. We finally got back up in the air and then landed in Gatwick.



We quickly found out that our hotel was like about an hour drive from the Gatwick airport. It was one expensive taxi cab ride, but we finally got to our hotel. Our hotel was...okay. It wasn't what I expected at all. It was the crappiest place or anything like that, but after a long delay and a long cab ride..this was not what I wanted to see. I eventually got over it, because we were in LONDON!! We found this great little pub in the town we were staying in. It was filled with these old men, so hilarious! And of course, I got some amazing fish and chips with mushy peas.





 We spent the evening walking around London on our own. My mom was feeling much better than she did in Ireland, so she was walking way ahead of us looking at everything. We were in search of Buckingham Palace. We went around and around around. We saw lots of things..Big Ben, Parliament, the back of West Minster Abbey, and even the changing of the guard. But, for some reason we could not find that palace. 

 

We took a river cruise and saw Big Ben, The London Eye, London Bridge, and Tower Bridge. The river cruise dropped us off at the Tower of London.It was interesting to see all the torture stuff and kind of creepy.

Well, I am really displeased with this blog post. I'd say it isn't one of my best. I guess that's what happens when you wait 2 months to write about something. ;)

Until next time, Ciao Bella!

No comments:

Post a Comment