So, my family seems to be amazed these days at all the things I've been cooking. Sometimes they are good amazed and sometimes bad amazed (example...avocado chicken salad, ha!). Thus, the reason for this post..well, that and to show off my first organization win! To begin I will show you what I did to our little military issued wall locker to get it looking and being more organized!
I forgot to take a before picture...but this is the final, whole thing.
Close up!
I put labels on all the bins so I would know what was in each bin, so no more digging through all the bins to find what I need.
Okay, now on to the food portion of this. I'll probably try to take more pictures of foods I make and share it with all of y'all. First of all, Thomas and I have been trying to eat based on the Paleo Diet. Some call it the Caveman diet. It's sort of based on what the early humans ate. You basically eat meats, poultry, nuts, fruits, healthy oils, and vegetables. Your not really supposed to eat flour, grains, or dairy. We aren't hard core or anything...we have our cheat days (uh hello we live in Italy), but it's just about trying to eat more fresh, healthy options so we can be, well..more healthy. Here are some of the things we have made...
This is something we have made for forever!! Way before Paleo..oven baked veggies. You just pick whatever veggies you want, drizzle them in extra virgin olive oil, and sprinkle seasoning of your choice (no salt though if your trying to be healthy). They are delicious!!
We've just got good ole grilled chicken here!
Okay, now this is the point where I say to my family..if you think this looks disgusting then you are CRAZY!!! Seriously, this sauce is delicious! Thomas said it was like one of the best sauces he's ever had. Its a sun-dried tomato sauce to pour over chicken, but you could pretty much pour it over any meat I think.
It's completely Paleo Friendly!
It is super yummy!!
Finished Product!!
Here's the recipe for it: http://paleodietlifestyle.com/chicken-sun-dried-tomato-sauce/ Now I did a couple of things different..I didnt have any steak seasoning, so I didnt use it. I also used rosemary instead of time because we grow rosemary and not thyme.
Now, this next thing was supposed to be Coconut Flour Chocolate Chip Cookies, but I decided to make a pie thing instead. Now, this is only semi-Paleo..it called for sugar which is definitely not Paleo, but I used Splenda so it would at least be lower in calories. Hm, I might could have use honey instead..now thats Paleo..hahaha!!! Oh and I used olive oil instead of coconut oil because I couldnt find it. Here are the pictures of it and the recipe: http://chocolateandcarrots.com/2011/06/coconut-flour-chocolate-chip-cookies
I am nowhere neeeear where I want to be organizational and health/fitness wise, but I am getting started. Now, that Thomas is deployed, I want to use that time to get myself in gear. Feel free to hold me accountable and/or motivate me when you think I need it. :) My next post will be my Deployment Bucket List. I have all these goals I want to achieve and work on while Thomas is gone. So, stay tuned!
No comments:
Post a Comment