Saturday, July 21, 2012

Strange, isn't it?

I have only been home for less than 12 hours and I have already noticed some differences. It was dark, but I could still see that Fayetteville has grown and changed. It'll probably be even crazier looking in the day time. Even being in my house is so different. Sitting on the toilet seat was strange. I am used to a thin, wide seat where I feel like I might fall in. I sort of felt like a big cow on our tiny, thick toilet seat. When I reached for a spoon this morning I was shocked to discover that it isn't in the same place that my spoons are in my drawer at my home in Italy. My childhood room is even different looking. It's definitely quite cute and girly, but still different than before. The faucets have been changed and the kitchen chairs seat cushions have been redone. Oh and did I mention, as we speak, I am watching a TV with actual channels? I dont have my computer hooked up to the TV so I can watch something. Very odd feeling. It was also strange waking up in a different bed. What was extrememly strange was last night right before I went to sleep. It was midnight and I thought to myself, wow..in Italy the sun is already up. It's a feeling that you can't really understand until you've been in this situation. I also feel worried about my little home, which I find odd because we've been gone for weeks at a time when on vacation and I never thought twice about it. I guess it's just knowing that your so far away from it. It just facinates me that a country that used to be considered foreign no longer feels foreign at all and the country that was never foreign suddenly feels slightly foreign. There are differences that I have already noticed and it feels strange, but it's good to be home with my family and I can't wait to see my friends. Well, thats all the inital changes that I saw. I will be sure to keep everyone updated on my adventures in America! Bye Y'all!!! ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment