The Hefner's have finally been reunited in Italy. Read all about their crazy adventures, stories, and people they encounter along the way. Ciao!
Sunday, September 23, 2012
Ramblings about a Revamp
When you read this post you may notice that it has a slightly different look to it. No, your eyes are not deceiving you. I decided it was time for a revamp. I think it's time to revamp a lot of things. I haven't been too happy with myself lately. I am not doing a good job of "giving birth to a new me" as someone once said before deployment. I wanted this period of time in my life to be for me. There are so many habits I want to create, places I want to see, items I want to organize, clothes I want to clean out and get rid of, hobbies I want to take an active interest in, skills I want to improve...the list goes on. Sure, I've gotten started on some of this (some being the key word). I am taking and planning trips with my dearest girlfriends. I am currently taking a photography class. This will be my 3rd blog post TODAY! So, this is my official attempt at blogging more. I joined one of the Protestant Women of the Chapel (PWOC) bible studies. I look forward to growing in my relationship with God and finding fellowship with those who believe as I do. I think it will provide me with yet another support system. I've been trying to draw more. I am not as consistent with it as I'd like to be. I tried drawing with oil pastels recently. It's okay I guess. I want to take some art classes. I've been keeping a type of drawing journal. I have a page per week where I write a short blurb about my day with little pictures and designs added to it. It was a Pinterest idea I saw. Speaking of this particular project...I think I need to play catch up on it. I've been trying to go to the gym, but I am still not satisfied at where I am at in that department. Basically, I've got some things that I have started on. But, I guess I feel like that's just it...a start. There are so many other projects and ideas I have floating through my head that I think could have been completed already if I would relearn time management. I use the term "relearn" because I once knew how to manage my time. But, ever since being done with school it's like I can't get myself on a set schedule. It makes me really angry with myself. I want to start fresh tomorrow. I want to revamp my life. I need to go to bed at night feeling accomplished. I don't usually feel overly accomplished. Oh sure, I've had a fabulous and fun day, but not so much of a productive one. Like I said before...I need to relearn time management skills. I know it is possible to work hard and be productive, but still have time to play while being leisurely. I think I also overwhelm myself with these huge to do lists I set out for myself. I think I need to be more realistic. I am not super woman. I need to make short daily to do lists. I think I look so much at the big picture of what I want and it frightens me a bit. It's as if I have already psyched myself out that I can't and won't do all the things I want to do and accomplish. Maybe, just maybe, I should stop listening to myself and just do. That's it, more "do" less "think." Hmm, maybe? We shall see. With this new week, I hope new beginnings will happen. I pray the Lord will grant me "wisdom" in this department. James 1:5 If any of you lacks wisdom, he should ask God, who gives generously to all without finding fault, and it will be given to him.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment