The Hefner's have finally been reunited in Italy. Read all about their crazy adventures, stories, and people they encounter along the way. Ciao!
Monday, November 12, 2012
And with that she said, "I am a genius."
Yes, I did in fact just refer to myself in the 3rd person because I am feeling THAT awesome right now. So about 3 days ago I began to feel a tickle in my throat. In all honesty, I had read part of a book to a student for most of one of the periods at school that day and I had rocked out pretty hard to Taylor Swift in my car that afternoon. I thought maybe I had strained my voice. Then the next morning I woke up with a little worse of a sore throat accompanied by a tad bit of mucous. Yuck! I knew what was happening...this was the workings of a cold or really terrible allergies. I never am quite sure. So, I immediately went to my medicine stash to see what I had. The first day I took loads of Vitamin C, allergy medicine, and sinus medicine. I was trying to cover all of my bases. I even resorted to drinking a hot toddy!! Normally, when a bug like this comes along I just accept and enjoy the fact that I can be lazy, relax, and curl up in a blanket watching movies and sipping on hot tea and soup. But, no go this time!! I'm leaving in less than a week. There was too much to do. I could not let this cold defeat me. So, I went to my personal nurse and asked for advice. By personal nurse I mean my good friend Anna. ;) I had pretty much been doing what I needed to be doing for a cold. But, she told me to take Zinc, so I got a bottle of that too. I also immediately started "googling" home remedies. Pinterest was another source for me, as well. I found this one remedy for a sore throat. You mix 1/4 cup of honey and 1/4 cup of vinegar together and take a tablespoon 6 times a day. I did this yesterday and let me tell you my sore throat is still gone today! Coincidence or did it actually work? I don't know, but I will choose to think it was this home remedy. Now, at this point I was also starting to get the foggy feeling in my head. It's that feeling like your ears are clogged and you can't really breathe. I resorted at this point to drinking hot water mixed with cayenne pepper. I continued taking tons of Vitamin C, Zinc, cold medicine, and sinus medicine. I did not want this thing defeating me or worse, turn into a sinus infection (which usually happens). Now, we are at Day 3 (today). The day where I become a genius and refer to myself in the 3rd person. Again, I woke up with some congestion, mucous, etc. Knock on wood...still no cough though. I went to Pinterest this morning looking for more remedies. I have made my own humidifier by having warm water simmer on the stove with vanilla and cinnamon (a pinterest idea). A lot of other ideas tell me I need essential oils. I also need to soak in a bath in these essential oils so I can inhale the warm vapors. I have no bathtub. So, I don't have any essential oils or bubble baths with essential oils in my home. What's the point if I have no tub? But, I noticed I did have an unopened bottle of hand soap that contained...essential oils, as well as Jasmine and Vanilla. Hmmm, the wheels starting turning. I would turn my shower and bathroom into a sauna. I would also attempt to make my shower serve as a tub. I squirted globs of the essential oil hand soap into the bottom of the shower and cranked the heat all the way up. Then I stood in the shower, letting the hot water run over me as I inhaled the warm Jasmine and Vanilla essential oil vapors. I took a seat in my shower and let the water run over me while I laid a hot washcloth over my face and I continued to breathe in all the warm goodness. My head began to clear up and so did my nose!! When I got out of the shower I blew my nose and my ear popped and part of my head opened up!! I am still a little stuffy feeling, but all in all a lot more clear!! It was at this point that I said to myself (but out loud for no one to hear)..."I AM A GENIUS." So, I have decided I will do this 3 times a day till I leave for the states. I cannot let this cold get the best of me. I have too much to do and lots of traveling ahead. I'll let you know how it works out for me. Hopefully, I'll still think I am genius by Thursday.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Definitely at genius. Glad you are feeling better :)
ReplyDeleteLove, your personal nurse