The Hefner's have finally been reunited in Italy. Read all about their crazy adventures, stories, and people they encounter along the way. Ciao!
Saturday, June 11, 2011
An Army Sort of Morning
As most of us know, the Army hours are far from convenient or perfect. They typically don't leave on time and it's usually at odd hours or what most of us would consider odd and tortuous hours to be up. Thomas has left for training and will be gone for several days. Our morning first started with me tossing and turning and not being able to sleep at all. I kept thinking of things I meant to do or ask him before he left. I kept thinking of things I needed to add to a list and felt myself getting hotter by the minute. No, not menopause, just probably thinking too much. The alarm awoke us at 445 am. Now, this isn't unusual by any means. The part that was unusual and tortuous was the fact that normally I sleep at night and I don't typically get up when he does. We decided to just keep his car here while he's gone, so I was his chauffeur. Once we were actually leaving, it was around this time that my body decided it was time to go to bed. I got Thomas dropped off and everything feeling like a zombie. As I got out of my car and saw all the abundance of sun that Italy gives every morning, I found myself feeling a little more awake at an hour I should not be awake. This awakeness made me not want to go back to sleep, but at the same time I knew very well that it would hit me at some point. And it did. I decided since I was awake to make myself some breakfast. It was during my early morning breakfast that it hit. I barely finished it before I was cuddled up on the couch falling fast asleep. The rain that immediately began pouring did not help with waking me up. It helped with making me sleep that much more soundly. I have now forced myself to get up. I'm pretty sure I could have slept clear into the afternoon. The rain has stopped and the sun is trying to come out. I now have an important date with a pot of Community Coffee. Until next time, Ciao!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment