Before Thomas left for his most recent training in Germany he informed me that if I ever locked myself out of our apartment there was a way I could get in. As long as the deadbolt wasnt locked I could "kick the door down." Im thinking he is crazy as a bed bug. Me? Kick down a door? Seriously, have you seen me or know me at all? Well, here begins the three bad things that happened within two days time...
The day after I was informed about what to do if I locked myself out I indeed did just that. I closed the door and realized by keys were still inside. I almost went into panic mode, but then remembered my husband's advice. So, with all of my might, using both my hands and my ninja kick I got the door open. Later that day I tried to get some stuff done on base. I was not very successful. I have to get a tourist passport and of course go in and they say Ive filled out the wrong paperwork. Then the next night I broke my key off into the lock of the gate of our apartment. This resulted in me having to climb over the gate later that night to get back in. And at midnight I went outside with pliers and successfully removed the piece of key that was stuck in the lock. I guess that was the start of good things to come, hopefully. It was also nice to know that I could handle whatever difficult things come up without Thomas being here.
Ciao!
No comments:
Post a Comment