Sunday, July 10, 2011

Just another typical day at the beach, right?

Well, on the 4th of July Thomas and I spent our first day at a beach in Italy with some friends. There was water, sand, umbrellas, and blue skies. All the things you could ever want to see and have at the beach. Of course, we are in Italy, so there are a few things you really don't want to see, but are forced to because let's face it modesty is non-existent here. The boys were very lucky because they got to see some topless bikini babes. Well, actually, I'm not sure if they were really quite that lucky. The women were definitely topless and in bikinis, but I'm not sure anyone would actually classify them as babes. Twice we saw two older and pleasantly plump women who sat up and proceeded to pull their tops down to get some extra sun. It was one of those, "is this really happening?" moments. On this beach one should feel like a super model. There are many ladies who wear itsy bitsy teeny weeny bikinis who should not. On another note, the husbands felt the need to blend in with the Italian men. They disappeared for about 15 or 20 minutes. When your husband leaves for this long and does not tell you where he is going you should be alarmed, very very alarmed. My friend and I were greeted by our husbands wearing big grins and tiny speedos. Excuse me. Did I say tiny speedos? I meant to say matching tiny speedos. Im not sure which was more hilarious, the fact that they wearing speedos or the fact they bought ones that matched. After this we rented a paddle boat with a slide and the boys played like little boys...sliding down the slide, jumping off the slide, flipping off the slide, etc. etc. Ah, yes, just another typical day at the beach.

No comments:

Post a Comment