Saturday, May 21, 2011

IKEA

I had my very first IKEA experience today. I will say some of the stuff there is a bit too modern for my taste; however, there were a lot of really cute things in there! In fact, we were able to get a few things. We got some rugs, which was a horrible experience for poor Thomas. I have never been able to find a rug anywhere. It's like I have something in my head that does not exist. After several several several minutes I finally settled on two rugs. Thomas survived, but barely. We were able to find a tv stand and some other odds and ends.
IKEA is this huge store. It's an extremely bizarre shopping experience. There's this whole routine. You walk in and grab a shopping bag, not a cart. Plus tape measures, pencil, and ordering sheets. You walk around and admire all that is IKEA. It's really probably a shopping girl's dream. There is so much stuff! I know I missed some things. But anyway, you take your little piece of paper and pencil and when you see an item you like you write down the corresponding numbers. Then you keep on browsing. The shopping bag is for the many little do-dads you may find while your writing your numbers down. After finally getting out of the second floor we make our way down to the first floor. There you are greeted with many shopping carts and a basket to put your bags in if you are through with them. This area you no longer need to write down numbers you just grab what you want, place it in your cart, and go! Once getting through all items on the first floor we make our way into a warhouse looking room filled with tons of boxes. This is where the numbers come into play. You must look at the numbers and find them in their corresponding spot. Then you will see your item, all tightly wrapped in a cardboard box. It's just sitting in there waiting for your husband to build. :) About three hours later we survived the store that is IKEA. We made several successful purchases and Thomas came out with all his sanity.
Now on to the construction stage... I sit on our couch as we speak watching my husband try to put together this piece of furniture. Every other piece he has bought from there he has put together quickly with no problems. Well, not with this piece. Maybe I am bad luck. But, he has had to take it apart and put it together several times. He says he isn't looking at the instructions anymore because they are wrong. They tell him there is a hole in a certain location when no such hole exist. Right now, I will say it looks like it is finally coming together. Maybe we will get to eat sometime before 9:00 tonight. ;) Oh no I just heard a naughty word come out of his mouth! That can't be a good sign. It may be a long night. ;) I'll be glad to have this place in order. It's nice to make this place our home. Arrivederci!

No comments:

Post a Comment